Domain Backorder Service Addendum This addendum (“Domain Backorder Service Addendum”) applies to you if you purchased HostGator Domain Backorder Service (the “Domain Backorder Service”) and are incorporated by reference into HostGator Terms of Service. Unless otherwise stated, defined terms in this Domain Backorder Service Addendum have the meanings provided in the Terms of Service. HostGator may modify this Addendum at any time without notice. When you subscribe to and/or are otherwise enrolled in the Domain Backorder Service, you authorize and direct HostGator affiliated registrar (the “Registrar”) to attempt the acquisition of a domain name (designated by you) on your behalf in the event such domain name becomes available for registration. By placing a backorder on a domain name, Registrar will monitor and attempt to acquire the domain name for you should it become available.
- There’s a nonrefundable annual subscription fee for the Domain Backorder Service. Until you cancel or the domain is successfully acquired by Registrar, the Domain Backorder Service shall automatically renew for successive periods at the then current rate. Subsequent renewals of the Domain Backorder Service are also nonrefundable.
- The Domain Backorder Service is limited to the top-level domains that are available at the time of subscription through Registrar.
- HostGator, in its sole discretion, shall determine the prices it will charge for the Domain Backorder Service and the terms and conditions applicable to the same, and HostGator may amend such pricing and/or terms and conditions in accordance with this Agreement. If you do not agree with any such change, you may terminate the Domain Backorder Service in accordance with this Addendum, otherwise all such changes shall thereafter be effective, and you agree that the HostGator is authorized to charge your credit card or other approved payment method for any new fees.
- You agree that when your backordered domain name is acquired, HostGator will charge you the price of the one-year domain name registration at the then current rate.
- The Domain Backorder Service will be terminated and deleted once the domain is acquired and awarded. Multiple orders for the same domain name will be on a first come, first served basis.
- We do not guarantee the acquisition of any domain name and expressly reserve the right to refuse backorders or cancel existing backorders at any time and for any reason at our sole discretion. Should you successfully backorder any domain name, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of our Domain Registration Agreement and related agreements, which are incorporated herein by reference.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Services may involve access to Third Party Functionality (“Third Party Functionality”). You expressly agree that this Third Party Functionality shall be used by you in accordance with the terms of any relevant third party licenses. Your failure to abide by any third party license may result in the immediate termination of the Domain Backorder Service by HostGator, Registrar or the third party provider. HostGator does not control such Third Party Functionality and is therefore not liable for any issues of any kind relating to the Third Party Functionality. HostGator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate, suspend, cancel or alter your access to Third Party Functionality at any time.
- Customers may cancel their Domain Backorder Service at any time via the Customer/Reseller Control Panel. In the event that you cancel the Domain Backorder Service, the fees for the Domain Backorder Service are nonrefundable.