These VPS Terms of Service Policy (“VPS Terms”) also apply to you if you purchased VPS services and are incorporated by reference into the Hostgator China standard Terms of Service. Unless otherwise stated, defined terms in these VPS Terms have the meanings provided in the Terms of Service. Hostgator China may modify these VPS Terms at any time without notice.
VPS Cancellations and Refunds
- Customers may cancel their VPS services at any time via the Customer/Reseller Control Panel.
- For more information about our money back guarantee and refund policy for VPS services please refer to the Cancellations and Refunds section of our Terms of Service.
In addition to any Prohibited Uses outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy, customers may not:
- Utilize the Services to run public IRCd’s or malicious bots.
- Utilize the Services to run any type of BitTorrent client or tracker that links to or downloads illegal content.
- Utilize the Services to run an Open/Public proxy, or use a proxy to access illegal/malicious content.
- Utilize the Services to use I/O intensive applications which adversely affect normal server operations.
- Utilize the Services in any manner which adversely affect normal server operations.
- In addition to any Prohibited Uses outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy, customers may not:
- Hostgator China can take any action to enforce its rights under this Server Addendum or the Hostgator China Terms of Service, which includes but is not limited to, accessing the our server by any means, and if required: (i) resetting our server passwords; and/or (ii) suspending User access to our server and/or deleting User access (and thereafter deleting such User’s data from our server).
- Hostgator China shall offer support to the User, only if there is a failure with: (i) the hardware of our servers; (ii) the network infrastructure supporting the our servers; (iii) the deployment of our servers; (iv) the installation of supported operating systems, if any; and (v) setting up reverse domain name systems for the internet protocol addresses (IPs) given by the Hostgator China.
- User is advised to and shall be solely responsible for: (i) handling the reputation of IPs and taking necessary steps to delist any blacklisted IPs; (ii) updating and patching the operating system and applications on our server provided to the User; (iii) making changes to our server that impact the display of information in the Customer/Reseller Control Panel.
- Generally, VPS accounts may come with a default inode limit of 1,000,000 to better protect the file system; provided, however, that such limit may vary depending on the package or services you purchased.
- VPS accounts will be governed by our Acceptable Use Policy.
Backup and Data Loss
- Hostgator China does not provide any backups for VPS servers. Your use of the VPS service is solely at your own risk. Hostgator China is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on Hostgator China servers.